To begin the experiment “buy and hold 100 crypto” I bought $ 1000,00 USD of Bitcoin from Coinbase, at the time 1 Bitcoin was worth $15,950.00 so I got 0,0627 Bitcoin.
This is a screenshot of coinmarketcap with the 100 alt coins I will buy.
*Screenshot was taken on December 7th, 2017
After checking on what exchange the Top 100 coins were listed I realized that some of them were listed only on new exchanges, where I don’t have an account, to speed up the process I decided to pick the next cryptocurrencies listed on coinmarketcap
To complete the top 100 I got
Otherwise in short this is how I started the experiment :
- Got $ 1000 USD in Bitcoin from Coinbase (It’s probably the fastest way to get some, they accept debit cards and it’s almost used worldwide)
- Used part of the Bitcoins to buy the other cryptocurrencies/altcoins
- I used Binance , Kucoin and Hitbtc to buy most of the cryptocurrencies
- All the others on Mercatox , Cryptopia
- Another part on Bittrex
- Added all the trades on Cointracking.info
I was able to buy all of them, it did take a while but I’m happy that I made it.
I’m going to list all of them with the exact amount I bought so we can start running some stats 😉
Don’t forget to secure your Bitcoin and Alt Coins, use a Ledger wallet.
Buy it from here ledgerwallet.com